Current Location: Home, Living Room.
Current Music: With Me - Sum 41.
Day 1, 20th April 2009
I remember packing tons of stuffs for my camp the day before. I remember making my last checks on stuffs like my emails, and updates from intothetwilight.net. Laughs. Enough of intothetwilight, I know. Haha.
Walked to school with Eils, her first day of school! Haha. Lugging my baggages with me, goodness! Ain't it heavy! Bag plus shoe bag plus 1 litre bottle. Only that the shoe bag didn't include only shoes but my sleeping bag, and the bag's super bulky. Didn't manage to use Carol's bag, 'cause it's too small. Haha. Ended up using my coaching bag 'cause it's the biggest bag I could find.
Was already perspiring like mad when I reached RP Sports Complex. The first one to reach, but not for long. 'Cause from far, I could see Mia, Yanni, Jazlyn and Lydia walking toward the Sports Complex too. Steven too, appearing out of no where. Haha!
Okay so when everybody arrived, we (34 of us) were being splited into 2 groups; Amundsen and Hilary. My team mates included Steven, Jazlyn, Lydia, Mia, Sandy, Melko, Sasi, Douglas, Norman, Kang Wen, Hong Peng, Jolene, Cherie, Hui Yu, Jina and Bernard.
We started with some ice-breaking games, just like any other camps. But the activities included for the day were the challenges at the ALC. GOD.
'Cause I had phobia for heights! OMG. I got stuck up there for like quite some time. Held the team back, I think. But they didn't blame me for that and instead encourage me to go further. That's what I call team spirit~ Haha!
Another challenge, the high wall. We're suppose to get the whole 17 of us over this super high wall! Goodness! Two guys got up first, Sasi and Douglas got up first to pull us girls over. God, when it was my turn, I'm super afraid I'll break their arms mann! 'Cause I'm so super heavy! Goodness!
But they managed to do it, asking us all the kicked up our right leg, so that the girls pulled over could pull us in. Lol, because of that action, all of us got bruises all over! Inner thigh, and abrasions on my right arm. Lol.
Outdoor cooking and pitching of tents after that. I'm in-charge of pitching tents for the first night. Lol, and without knowing, I actually poke the tent poles into the red ants nest. I was freaked out totally! Plus I didn't know it until Sasi who helped me told me. Ants were over his leg, that's why. Sorry Sasi! Haha.
Dinner after that and bath time! Yay! It was sooooooo refreshing! But this refreshing feeling didn't stay for long. ): 'Cause after bath, it's about time to sleep already. And before long, we were all perspiring already! God!
My tent mates were Jazlyn and Lydia. Lol, we spent the first night on the ground sheet without even bothering to spread out our sleeping bags. 'Cause it's too warm already!
**Side track. The stars were really pretty that night! :D
I think we didn't even spread out our sleeping bags at all for the whole camp! We just merely used it as pillows. Lol.
And I think I fell asleep quite fast. 'Cause Jaz and Lyd said that it was quite noisy that night. But I didn't hear a thing. Most prolly because I'm dead beat from the fears of ALC already. Haha!
End of Day One, and I shall begin on Day 2, 21st April 2009.
No comments:
Post a Comment