Dec 30, 2008

Blood Bank for the Cullens (GRINS)

Current Location: Home, Room.
Current Music: 寂寞暴走 – 飛輪海.

Alright, the title of this entry has no link with what I’m going to type aiights. Just something I wished to put it as the title. (:

I went for blood donation today. (!!!) Haha, and it’s really an experience I’m telling you! Went to NUH with Grandma and Dad for Gran’s appointment. And I chanced upon this “Blood Donation Centre” just outside Gran’s clinic.

I had always wanted to donate blood, though I’m afraid of the pain it might come with. Also, I kept missing chances to donate my blood. Chances like, missing the donation drive.

I had actually only want to go take a look at what it is like. But when I’m inside, I feel the want to go and donate my blood. Laughs. So I went ahead to this counter with Dad, who insisted on accompanying me there (though he didn’t stay with me throughout the donation process given the fact that he had to accompany Gran).

Okay, so I filled up this form and everything. Laughs, and when I looked at the date. I gave a little chuckle. “30th Dec 2008”. On the second last day of the year, I gave my first donation of blood. Haha!

There’re tons of questions needed to be answered. But most of ‘em were regarding to AIDS and HIV and some disease that is able to be transfused through blood.

Next, the blood donation process! One nurse pricked my finger first, to have a sample of my blood? I don’t know. That pain stings, for quite a while too at that. ):

Then it’s the finding of my vein. LOL, the injection kind of hurt too. Thus I looked away, to prevent hyperventilation on my pain seeing the tube poking through my skin. Laughs, and voila! It’s done before I even felt it! Haha.

The process of donating itself is painless. I can feel nothing at all. Laughs, when the tube of blood lies on my wrist, I can feel the warmth of my blood.

It’s not that kind of disgusting warmth, it’s those kind of comfortable warmth. (:

The process’s only awhile, and I’m like, “Wow, so soon?” Haha, and the nurse made me rest in the donor’s chair. For fear that I’d feel giddy and all. Laughs.

My folks had the extreme reactions to me donating blood. Dad’s all for it of course, ‘cos I got him the free car park thing. Haha, but he said that it’s a good thing too because I’m doing something good. (: But Mom’s not that for it. When Dad told her that I’ve donated blood, her face was like stunned and all. Then she mentioned something about contracting AIDS through those needles. Laughs, to which Dad and I assured her that it’d be fine and all. Haha. After that, she asked for my feeling and all. Same as the nurse, worried that I’ll have anemic. But I’m still fine. Just that no more running for me tonight. Blahhh. ): ):

Aiights, enough for this entry. (: Ciaos, and Happy New Year! (: (:

She wished to go up the ferris wheel @ 6.33.pm.

No comments: